3.07.2011

Amsterdam, the city of the future

At least my future.  Everything here makes so much sense (atleast to me) and everyone has been SO damn nice, that I have resolved to move here.  Maybe I´m jumping the gun a bit, but Holland just seems to have it goin´on!  Today, Monday, is my last full day here and I am sad to go.  Didi, Eric, Dani, and Chloe have been truly great hosts and are such great people! 

The weather today was perfectly brisk and sunny, spent cruising around Amsterdam one last time and trying to take it all in.  Daffodils are up and trees are budding out!  2 brief museum excursions to the Rijks Museum and Amsterdam City Museum maximized my Museumkaart, and a not so brief excursion to H&M maximized my suitcase.  I made a chicken pot pie for the gang for dinner, which was pretty yummy.  In the morning I am heading to Belgium for 2 days... but will probably compare it tooth and nail to Holland, should have been World Cup Champions and hospitality powerhouse.

2 comments:

  1. i'll move there for your chix pot pie, gurl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Aly! I am now a follower! Havea a blast and keep on writing! xoxo Connie

    ReplyDelete