3.17.2011

Paris is the place for me....

Paris is wonderful.  We got quite lucky towards the end of the week with the first hints of Spring causing bulbs to come up, shrubs to leaf out, and a Magnolia or two to actually flower.  At the Jardin des Plantes there were even rows of Poppies flowering out! 

Molly is an excellent traveling companion and we made the most of our stay.  The Rodin Museum was pretty excellent-  though I was slightly disappointed to find out that "The Thinker" in Paris is the original, NOT in Philadelphia like I thought.  The Musee D'Orsay had an incredible collection of Impressionist paintings, and I realized that I actually kind of like pastels.  What else?  Hanging out in the Pompidou with all the art school kids, fun street art, crepetastic sweets, wine cheaper than water, and of course, CHEESE!  Paris also gets bonus points for being really easy to get around. 












1 comment: