3.06.2011

Typical

Friday started off with me oversleeping by 3 hours, but it was much needed and came in handy in the marathon of a day it turned out to be.  I went with Didi and Eric to Vollendam, a picturesque fishing village about 35 minutes from Amsterdam.  We walked around, ate eel, and took a family portrait, because Í am practically Dutch.  That evening I went with the girls to a party at the design offices and store of a pretty good looking Amsterdamer clothing brand called Ready to Fish.  They are friends with a few of the designers as well as the DJ who was spinning... the space was amazing, the clothes were rad, and fancy cocktails were readily available throughout.  After the party we went to a boutique-y Asian fusion place for dinner and it was very delicious and absurdly cheap.  At this point one might call it a night but I have come to learn that Dutch people p-a-r-t-y and we went out dancing until the wee hours. 
my ride


Vollendam
Dani´s street


Chloe, Me, Dani, and Didi

3 comments:

  1. You totally ARE Dutch!! I love the family portrait. xxoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. seriously the family portrait is too much for me to handle. i need to have a copy of that to look at when i am down. miss you x amillion

    ReplyDelete
  3. You my friend look absolutely STUNNING in this picture, you are so gorgeous. I am getting ready to read your adventures now. I miss you soo much love.

    ReplyDelete