3.14.2011

Sitting in the Amelie Cafe right this very moment

Gooooooood morning from Paris!  I write this as I eat a croissant in the Amelie Cafe, sitting across from Molly!  Our apartment is actually a half a block from this adorable little spot, and it is fortunately one of the few places other than McDonald's that has internet.  Why have we not come here yet?

It has been a fantastic few days, though the first hours in Paris were a little frantic.  Molly and I couldn't find each other, the elevator was broken in our subway that was 5 stories underground, and I was pickpocketed.  Good news is that we found each other and after I threatened the pickpocket's manhood he gave me back my ipod.

We have had a blast just walking around.  It is hard not to, with all of the incredible beauty everywhere!  Highlights include Versailles, seeing the Eiffel Tower sparkle at night, getting lost in the Louvre, and of course, the abundance of cafes everywhere, beckoning us to sit and have a glass of wine and take it all in. 
Montmarte

Looking out our window

That is the Eiffel Tower over Molly's shoulder


In a NEAT curiosity shop

Versailles.  No big deal.


I Louvre Paris aahaha


2 comments:

  1. Yay! Finally, I have been waiting for this blog post all week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds great Al! Bring home a good recipe or 2!

    ReplyDelete